This is probably the number one question we get asked before a photoshoot.
It can be pretty confusing and stressful trying to decide what outfits would be best for your photo session.
First and foremost: be you!
A good way to start planning a photoshoot is to pick a color scheme. Try to choose a pallet that has a mix of
neutral shades and a bright color.
Instead of having everyone in the photo compete for center stage, you may want to choose one person to
stand out from the others. They can wear one impactful piece that inspires the accessories
and colors in everyone else’s outfits.
- Make a photo interesting and unified with accessories
- Layer your outfits and use different textures
- Don’t choose clothing that has large pictures, labels, logos or words
- Everything matters from top to bottom...YES that includes shoes!
- Avoid outfits that everyone is wearing the same color
- Avoid using too many patterns
- Keep it classic for a timeless look
- Keep the display in mind (where will you be displaying the photos?)
- Coordinate clothing with location